1. How do I work out the suitable schedule with China Exploration?
You can send us an email, fax, or call us directly when you have any clear or rough plan of visiting China, then we will suggest the schedule for you. We will be greatly grateful if you can tell us the details of your plan as more as possible, such as the spots you want to visit, the program or way of transportation you are interested, the season of your arrival, the length of your holiday in China, the level of accommodation, and the possible number of your group.
2. What months in China are considered peak season, shoulder season and low season?
Generally speaking, the Peak Season refers to May, September and October; the Shoulder Season refers to March, April, June, July and August; the Low Season refers to January, February, November and December. In addition, different cities, hotels and cruises have exact concept of the Peak Season, the Shoulder Season and the Low Season respectively according to their own practices.
3. What do I need for international travel?
You will need a valid passport, which has at least 7 months validity from departure date, and a visa to China. You can apply the visa from China Embassy nearby, or ask help from the visa agent locally.
4. Shall I need to bring too much cash?
Don’t bring too much cash with you for the safety if you have international credit card or travel check. We have Bank Of China and ATM in every big city of China, in which you can draw cash with your credit card and exchange money with your travel check. But please make sure if they can work China.
5. How much is the free luggage carriage in the flight of China ?
The free luggage carriage in the flights of China is 40Kgs for the first class cabin passengers, 30kgs for the Business cabin passengers, and 20kgs for the economical cabin passengers. You need to pay extra money for the overweight luggage.
6. What is the electricity voltage and frequency in China ?
The standard electricity voltage in China is 220V and 50Hz in frequency.
7. Is it easy to find international telephone call service in China?
In every town of China, even the remote town of Tibet, you can find the telecomm office providing international telephone service. And international telephone call service is provided in every standard hotel. You can also buy the IP card and make a international call at the self-aid IP phone machine which will save you quite a lot in service charge.
8. Is it easy to find Internet service in China?
Most of the hotel in China have the internet service in the room and business center. And internet bar nearly exist in every corner in any town of China.
9. What to expect from the tour?
This tour is for people who are interested in learning about China and exploring that far off land. The spirit of adventures and good will are traveler's best friend. Politeness and courtesy always enhance the experience of a trip. The Chinese are very friendly, and the services of hotels are up to international standard for quality. A few people might experience anxiety when traveling far from. Don't be; just be yourself, follow directions and your trip will be smooth and most enjoyable. Your tour is fully escorted in China and the tour guides are all experienced and friendly.
10. How do I meet my guide upon arrival?
After you have cleared custom formalities and claimed your baggage(s), please proceed to the exit. Your guide will be waiting for you there and holding a sign with your name.
11. What about the Chinese tour guides?
Tour guides working for China Exploration are highly-motivated, well-trained, licensed specialists who are proficient in English language or other languages.
12. Are there any tips for travel safety in China?
We recommend the following 18 tips for ensuring safety:
1. Plan ahead;
2. Take a valid passport and secure a valid visa;
3. Insure your life and precious items;
4. Check your air tickets and other travel documents before departure;
5. Ensure treatment for chronic diseases during the trip;
6. Prepare a back-up pair of eyeglasses or contact lenses if you wear them
7. Do not take any knife or other sharp tools because they may be confiscated;
8. Do not put your home address in the address in the luggage labels lest thieves break in while you are out;
9. Tie your luggage tightly to prevent spills;
10. Keep vigilant about your surroundings;
11. Keep important phone number in handy;
12. Always lock your room and close windows;
13. Do not wear flashy clothes or expensive jewelry;
14. Do not lose your keys in public places;
15. Get a receipt after paying a taxi;
16. Do not change money with individuals;
17. Learn some local expressions, such as greetings;
18. Walk in street lamp-lit areas at night.
All in all, it is very important to choose a reliable tour company to arrange the out for you.
13. Do we eat Chinese food throughout the trip?
All breakfasts are western style buffet with fruits, cold and hot cereals, Chinese dim sum etc. Lunch and dinner are Chinese food. The round table dining accommodating 8-10 people provides an opportunity for quiet camaraderie.
14. What are the hotels in China like?
Chinese hotels offer the standard services at the international level. Tourists who have been to Beijing, Shanghai, Guilin and Xi'an note that hotels in these cities match any tourist hotels in New York, London, Paris or Sydney in services and facilities. In a recent poll, many foreign tourists rated very highly services at Chinese hotels.
15. Can I travel to Tibet independently?
According to the Chinese official regulations, you cannot travel to Tibet independently. You have to book a tour package to Tibet through a travel agency. You need a special travel permit to enter Tibet in addition to a valid China visa. China Exploration can arrange any tailored tour packages to Tibet for you. Please contact us for further details.
16. Do you have recommendation about the amount of tips for the guides and drivers that are usual for each?
Certain tip can greatly encourage the service of the guides and drivers and we suggest that in a group tour you may tip your guide and driver on the approval of their services: $1.50-2.00 USD per person /day for guides, $1.00 USD per person/day for drivers.
17. Should I make a reservation with you first, or with an airline?
You can make the international flight reservation after we have confirmed the final itinerary. But you can also book the flight first and we will design a trip according to your flights.
18. What evidence of payment do I get from you after payment is made?
We will send you a formal confirmation through email or a receipt of the total payment as soon as we receive your payment